Position: Project Coordinator – Promoting gender equality through the rule of law and good governance
Location: Mat District, Vientiane Province (Approximate 60%) and GDA Head office, Vientiane (Approximate 40%)
Status: National Organization/Association Standard
Job Purpose: The Project Coordinator works closely with the GDA Program Support Manager and Government Counterpart, to facilitate the participatory community development process using the local resource mobilization approach at the village level. This includes a work plan, supervision and implementation of activities especially of womens group activities in the target village.
- To plan and implement work on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis in accordance with the program activity plan.
- Coordination with Program Support Manager to develop strategy to ensure CEDAW, WAV and Gender training and campaign in Mat will be achieved
- To collaborate/coordinate with the Vientiane Province Womens Union and District to form the project coordination and steering committee teams.
- To be the lead contact for base line survey/data collection and management
- Facilitate and organize gender and leadership training, and Violence against Women training for villagers.
- To increase the opportunities for women to improve their leadership capacity, to promote women’s activities and advocate for policies change
- Prepare monthly and 3 monthly budgets for implementation, monitoring of the activities in the target village and including budget reports to the GDA accountant every month.
- In the case of an unexpected incident occurring during implementing the activities, project coordinator can report direct to GDA program support manager.
- To participate in the GDA meetings, trainings and study tours.
- To participate in the projects midterm and final evaluation.
- Create documentation and disseminate an experience of project activities to GDA colleagues and member organizations.
- Lead review planning and follow up the project every 3 month and yearly
- Accompany visitors and donors on field trips
- Write activities report based on individual tasks to GDA program support manager not later than the 25th of each month.
- Lead the project counterparts to combine the quarterly report and report to the project steering committee meeting.
- This job description is subject to change; if necessary the project coordinator may assign additional tasks.
Send your resume/CV, with cover letter and name and details of referrees to contact to oneof the following email addresses:
Tel: 021 263349
Application deadline 27 February