Job Opening: Administration-Finance Officer
Location: Vientiane Capital
Date to Entry: 14 May 2018
Reports To: Operation Manager
Organization: Gender Development Association, GDA, is a leading Gender Rights Non-Profit Association, working throughout Lao PDR since 1991. GDA works to empower women and men to achieve gender equity through joint action, knowledge sharing and ending gender based violence and discrimination. Our team is based in Vientiane Capital, and works in rural communities throughout Laos, as well as with our network of international partners.
Position Description: Administration-Finance Officer
1. Perform basic financial management such as cash flow, daily cash movements, and preparing financial documents for approvals through bank transfers and through banks, as well as summarizing reports of each month to the line manager;
2. Implement the operational and financial management of the GDA, including the consistent monitoring systems and the maintain of cash management and documentation to comply with GDA policies and procedures;
3. Prepare monthly budget and payment for the administration such as office and kitchen supplies;
4. Prepare travel arrangement for the team such as air-tickets, cars, motorbikes and others;
5. Facilitate the teams for submitting – receiving documents, drafting letters to agencies concerned, drafting notes and other documents related to the work of the Association;
6. Follow up the use of vehicles of Association, use records – the maintenance of the Association’s assets, as well as the computers and other properties in the office, asset registration and the security of office properties;
7. Work with GDA staff to ensure the appropriate administrative and financial system. Provide guidance and support teams and project counterparts, especially, on financial manual, on coordination and other procedure of Association;
8. Participate in weekly staff meetings and implement activities at local level, which are necessary such as the evaluation, monitoring, implementation of projects and other activities, assisting the teams in preparing the minutes of the meetings, and so on;
9. Participate in capacity building of relevant staff and facilitate meetings, seminars and other activities as well as advising visitors visited Association, or asked for information of GDA;
10. Work closely with the Operation and Finance Manager and GDA staff to ensure the smooth and transparent financial management;
11. Ensure GDA staff working condition safety and report regularly and continuously of the progress of GDA working condition to line manager;
12. Follow up and provide guidance to the security staff and house keeper;
13. Be responsible for In- and Out- documents, including the library management;
14. Prepare office, staff, and vehicle insurance documents; facilitate employees’ health check-ups and payment for insurance related costs;
15. The tasks above mentioned may be modified or added as required depending on the needs of the teams and the office.
a. Have the qualifications or skills involved in finance or business management;
b. Have at least 3 years of experience in accounting and any accounting programme applied;
c. Ability to command the MS Excel, Words and Outlook;
d. Gender and disability awareness;
e. Coordination and administration skills;
f. Good communication skills in Lao and English.
How To Apply:
Submit your complete application by no later than Friday May 4th 2018, 4pm. (CV, Letter of Interest and 2 References) Applications must be submitted by e-mail only and as a single PDF file. Applications submitted otherwise will not be considered.
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
Gender Development Association is an equal access employer in Lao PDR and encourages applications from marginalized persons, including persons with disabilities, minority groups and ethnic women. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.