Job Opening: Program Officer – Communications and Campaigns
Location: Vientiane Capital, with travel to project sites
Date of Entry: 14 May 2018
Reports To: Director, Program Coordinator
Organization: Gender Development Association, GDA, is a leading Gender Rights Non-Profit Association, working throughout Lao PDR since 1991. GDA works to empower women and men to achieve gender equity through joint action, knowledge sharing and ending gender based violence and discrimination. Our team is based in Vientiane Capital, and works in rural communities throughout Laos, as well as with our network of international partners.
Job Purpose: The Communication and Campaigns officer will work to disseminate the mandate and message of GDA to the Laos Community. This person will be responsible for all of GDA’s publications, campaigning and promoting the projects of GDA. The incumbent will also be responsible for research, networking, documentation, all social media as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Leads the design, development and execution of innovative marketing campaigns
- Coordinates and arranges with event organizers, government partners and other organizations (e.g. radio programmers, partners etc.)
- Manages all social media, marketing and public awareness campaigns
- Produce and release official information to local press and media
- Monitors and evaluates projects
- Assist in the organization of key events and display of materials, posters etc.
- Ensure that all GDA IEC materials are available in both Lao & English language
- Takes photographs and videos at relevant meetings and events
- Coordination with other programs on specific projects, workshops or campaigns as instructed by Director
Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant qualifications in professional discipline, (Media Studies, Journalism, Business Administration, Marketing, etc.)
- Minimum 2 Years of Progressive Experience in similar role
- Experience in INGO or NPA
- Strong Networking and Team Work skills
- Strong technical skills, including video, photography and editing software
- Knowledge of social media, including LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Creative Suite, Adobe, and Microsoft Office experience essential
- Fluent in English, written and oral – Required
- Knowledge of local dialect considered an asset. (Hmong or Khmu)
How To Apply:
Submit your complete application by no later than Friday May 4th 2018, 4pm. (CV, Letter of Interest and 2 References). Applications must be submitted by e-mail only and as a single PDF file. Otherwise will not be considered. Submit to: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Gender Development Association is an equal access employer in Lao PDR and encourages applications from marginalized persons, including persons with disabilities, minority groups and ethnic women. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.