Gender Development Association is a Non Profit Association working in Loa since 1991 and aims to improve gender equality and women’s empowerment as well as to reduce violence against women in Lao PDR
Job Title: Gender Development Director (1 position)
Location: Based in Vientiane
Date of entry: 1st of May 2016
- To ensure effective overall management of GDA program (GDA own project and networking), including fund raising and report to donors.
- To network for good cooperation between GDA and INGOs, Government mainly Lao Women Union and other organization both nationally and internationally.
- To manage the diary activities of GDA’s staff,
- To Prepare all coordination involving the overall goals, objective and the main activities for GDA according to the strategy plan , to ensure project implementation meet the goal including work planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation,
- To be responsible for communication with donors. Preparing regular communication and other reporting when necessary ( The board and advisor will assist when necessary),
- To prepare proposal and submit to donors for funding of GDA activities,
- To be responsible for financial management and budget of GDA,
- To support the Project Coordinator to ensure that project activities are carries out in accordance with annual work plans and implement activities to achieve the strategy plan,
- To coordinate with GDA’s board for the decision making,
- Coordinate to the resource person for supporting GDA members,
- Provide the technical and management support to GDA staff,
- Prepare the project and financial report to donors and government,
- Follow up monthly and 3 months budget for implementing, monitoring of the activities in the target village and including budget report, accompany the visitors, donors to the field trip and participate in the project midterm and final evaluation.
- Diploma or Bachelor in Community Development, Administration, or in other relevant field;
- Qualification in Project Management is preferred;
- Experience of working with government officials, local communities and donors representatives;
- Good computer literacy, communication and coordination skill, in multi-lateral context, in written and spoken English and local language;
- Team-worker and able to motivate and work with multi-culture teams.
The detail of job description is posted at www.gdalaos.org. Interested candidates should apply by sending a cover letter and CV to:email@example.com .closing date 25 Mar 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be contracted.
Women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.