On Friday May 23rd GDA representatives Boutsady Khounnouvong and Thatsany Nasankham were accompanied by Somsouk and Australian Business Volunteer Dan Garlick to Santhong District Administrative Headquarters to meet Deputy District Governor Khammoun Tiengthalat, staff and the representatives of the Sustainable Womens Empowerment Project.
Issues were discussed including:
1. Roles and responsibilities of the District representatives regarding budget and reporting.
2. Policies relating to travel and accommodation of the project participants
3. Possible funding model presented by Dan
4. Creation of a budgetary and structural plan for implementation by local stakeholders to be approved in three months
5. Activity planning for future budget requirements.
Following the day activities all participants stated their understanding and agreement with the principles outlined.