Call – National Consultant on Gender Advocacy
Position: National Consultant on Gender Advocacy.
Location: Vientiane Capital.
Duration: Short Term Contract (4 Months).
Gender Development Association (GDA) is a leading Gender Rights Non-Profit Association, working throughout Lao PDR since 1991. GDA works to empower women and men to achieve gender equity through joint action, knowledge sharing and ending gender-based violence and discrimination.
Short Description: GDA is looking for a Lao national consultant to provide technical support for the elaboration and implementation of the gender transformative programs: “Ethnic Girls Rights project” and “Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights project”. To design to do so in a manner that builds the rights of adolescent girls, especially in promoting the rights of ethnic minority girls associated with early marriage and pregnancy and reducing discriminatory social norms associated with reproductive and sexual health. The project will seek to address two key broad challenges:
· High levels of adolescent pregnancy and marriage resulting from limited exposure to accessible reproductive and sexual health services and education; and
· Traditional gender norms, attitudes and behaviors that mitigate against girls achieving their full potential on an equitable basis with boys.
· Become familiar with the Project Document for “Ethnic Girls Rights project” and “Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights project”.
· Review all relevant documents, regulation, policy and law related to women and child’s rights.
· Provide technical support to project officer and relevant partners.
· Design planning and develop the Advocacy Action Plan according to project context.
· Develop ToT manual on gender mainstreaming with early marriage and pregnancy and reduces discriminatory social norms associated with reproductive and sexual health
· Provide ToT training to GDA staffs and relevant partners.
· Writing training report in Lao and English.
· Master’s degree or equivalent in political science, economics, international development, gender studies, law, social science or related field
· Strong technical expertise in gender equality and women and child’s rights as reflected in national development plans and legislation. is required
· Experience in develop tools and facilitate training/workshop
· Ability to work efficiently and responsively within a multicultural environment and in a team
· Strong commitment to gender equality, human rights and respect for diversity.
· Fluent in English and Lao Language, both written and reading.
How to Apply:
Submit your complete application by no later than 21st September 2019, including CV and Letter of Interest. Applications must be submitted by e-mail only and as a single PDF file to email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.