Position: Workshop Facilitator/Trainer-End Violence Against Women Campaign Empowerment Opportunities for Women and Youth in Lao PDR Project, UNDEF (For Lao National only).
Location: Saythani District, Vientiane Capital
Duration: 1 Day workshop in July
Gender Development Association, GDA, is a leading Gender Rights Non-Profit Association, working throughout Lao PDR since 1991. GDA works to empower women and men to achieve gender equity through joint action, knowledge sharing and ending gender-based violence and discrimination. Our team is based in Vientiane Capital, and works in rural communities throughout Laos, as well as with our network of international partners.
With limited resources and barriers to education and employment, the Empowerment Opportunities for Youth and Women in Lao PDR project aims to create systems of youth empowerment, particularly for women and ethnic group, through providing training and self-development opportunities, to realize a more inclusive and equitable society in Lao PDR that invests in the future of the society by investing in its young people.
The expected outcome of the training is to enhance the capacity of Lao Youth, specifically marginalized communities including women and ethnic group, to better equip them for community involvement and professional life. Additionally, the training will focus on systemic opportunities to Youth participation in community development and decision-making opportunities.
Scope of Work
- To design, plan and develop training material and activity for youth campaign on “End Violence Against Women” lead by 60 youth (5 people per group)
- To provide and guide youth group to organize a campaign reflecting issues of women’s and girl’s rights in Laos, to take place outside the workshop schedule. To coincide with the Celebration of Lao Women’s Union Day, July 20th
- To support technical advice and monitor their progress and completion.
- To facilitate and provide training.
- To conduct evaluation training and report to GDA.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience delivering training relevant to ending violence against women /protection of women’s and girl’s rights.
- Experienced working with youth and trainer skills on advocacy.
- Knowledgeable of women’s and girl’s issue in Laos with ability to utilize principles, methods, techniques and systems of working with youth.
- Experienced evaluation and monitoring on youth activity with good report writing skills.
How to Apply:
Submit your complete application by no later than 14 March 2019, including CV and Letter of Interest. Applications must be submitted by e-mail only and as a single PDF file to email: email@example.com. The only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Based on Granting Guidelines available renumeration is USD 150 for this consultancy, per day.