Gender Advocacy Project Officer
Job Title: Gender Advocacy Project Officer (for GDA-FADLAO100071)
Location: Vientiane Capital, with travel to project sites (Bokeo and Oudomxay)
Report To: Program Manger
Organization: Gender Development Association, GDA, is a leading Gender Rights Non-Profit Association, working throughout Lao PDR since 1991. GDA works to empower women and men to achieve gender equity through joint action, knowledge sharing and ending gender based violence and discrimination. GDA team is based in Vientiane Capital, and works in rural communities throughout Laos, as well as with our network of international partners.
Job Purpose: The Gender Advocacy PO manages the effectively and timely delivery of the GDA’s programs and activities. This will be done by using a project management approach; ongoing collaboration with donors, partners and stakeholders. The PO carries out the activities with staff members and focuses on the delivery of the project outcomes and sustainability.
- Working with the Project Officer and Program manager to design, develop and execute GDAs programs and activities;
- Conducting the implementation of project activities to achieve the planned activities, and the sets of expected outputs and objectives;
- Preparing the annual action work plan including budget plan for the project activities and sharing/presenting to the GDA PM/ Director and colleagues the best practices, lessons learned, and challenges;
- Ensuring the project activities are aligned with the aims of the wider program including monitoring and evaluation of project activities;
- Collaborating with the Lao Women’s Union and Line Ministries partners regarding the development of new projects to respond to the needs of women and girls in Lao PDR;
- Supporting the Project Officers and Volunteers in developing their Capacity Development;
- Ensuring the effective monitoring and evaluation of projects and the compliance with the donors’ requirements;
- Preparing project reports required by donors and Director;
- Attending meetings/events and doing additional tasks as required;
- Liaising with Government Line Ministries, INGOs, NPAs and other program counterparts;
- Supporting the strengthening of GDA organizational capacity and fund raising and the development of networking.
Planning and Reporting
- Write the weekly and monthly work plans in consultation with the GDA team;
- Review and update the work plans regularly;
- Write monthly reports and submit them to the GDA’s Director not late then the 25th of each month;
- Write quarterly, six monthly, annual reports based on program plans and submit them to the GDA’s Director according to the reporting timeframe.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least a bachelor degree in community development, program management, education, public health, gender studies, international development etc., or equivalent fields/experiences;
- Strong inter-personality and excellent skills in coordinating, communicating, facilitating and convincing groups/audiences;
- Experience and knowledge of project cycle management approaches;
- Demonstration of experience in developing and managing projects;
- Knowledge of gender issues and participatory rural development;
- Experience in working with a team and in supporting staff;
- Very good English expression both orally and in writing;
- Good skills in drafting reports and other documents;
- Experience in working with NPAs;
- Understanding a local language (e.g. Hmong or Khmu) is highly regarded.
The closing date 13 January 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.