Position: Workshop Facilitator/Trainer-Personal Development Plan Empowerment Opportunities for Women and Youth in Lao PDR Project, UNDEF (Lao National only)
Location: Saythani District, Vientiane Capital
Duration: 1 Day workshop in March
Gender Development Association, GDA, is a leading Gender Rights Non-Profit Association, working throughout Lao PDR since 1991. GDA works to empower women and men to achieve gender equity through joint action, knowledge sharing and ending gender-based violence and discrimination. Our team is based in Vientiane Capital, and works in rural communities throughout Laos, as well as with our network of international partners.
With limited resources and barriers to education and employment, the Empowerment Opportunities for Youth and Women in Lao PDR project aims to create systems of youth empowerment, particularly for women and ethnic group, through providing training and self-development opportunities, to realize a more inclusive and equitable society in Lao PDR that invests in the future of the society by investing in its young people.
The expected outcome of the training is to enhance the capacity of Lao Youth, specifically marginalized communities including women and ethnic group, to better equip them for community involvement and professional life. Additionally, the training will focus on systemic opportunities to Youth participation in community development and decision-making opportunities.
Scope of Work
- To design, plan and develop training material for youth personal development plans to strength their professional skill and to reach productively future vision to 60 participants youth.
- To create and develop youth journal with initiative implementation.
- To facilitate the workshop for youth participants and provide technical advice and support to participants during workshop.
- To monitor each trainee’s personal development plan and formulate a report based on their journals and submit to GDA.
- To provide training report.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience completing training for youth capacity building.
- Experience working with youth and trainer skills.
- Ability to utilize principles, methods, techniques and systems of working with youth.
- Experienced evaluation and monitoring on youth capacity building with good report writing skills.
How to Apply:
Submit your complete application by no later than 14 March 2019, including CV and Letter of Interest. Applications must be submitted by e-mail only and as a single PDF file to email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Based on Granting Guidelines available renumeration is USD 150 for this consultancy, per day.