Position: Workshop Facilitator/Trainer-Youth Practicum-Initiative Start up Empowerment Opportunities for Women and Youth in Lao PDR Project, UNDEF (Lao National only)
Location: Saythani District, Vientiane Capital
Duration: 3 Days workshop on April, May, August (once a month)
Gender Development Association, GDA, is a leading Gender Rights Non-Profit Association, working throughout Lao PDR since 1991. GDA works to empower women and men to achieve gender equity through joint action, knowledge sharing and ending gender-based violence and discrimination. Our team is based in Vientiane Capital, and works in rural communities throughout Laos, as well as with our network of international partners.
With limited resources and barriers to education and employment, the Empowerment Opportunities for Youth and Women in Lao PDR project aims to create systems of youth empowerment, particularly for women and ethnic group, through providing training and self-development opportunities, to realize a more inclusive and equitable society in Lao PDR that invests in the future of the society by investing in its young people.
The expected outcome of the training is to enhance the capacity of Lao Youth, specifically marginalized communities including women and ethnic minorities, to better equip them for community involvement and professional life. Additionally, the training will focus on systemic opportunities to Youth participation in community development and decision-making opportunities.
Scope of Work
- To design, plan and develop training material and activity for Youth Led Initiative, to launch short-term enterprise in their communities. Duties include: create a Business Plan, Budget and Media Campaign, as well as tools for Monitoring and Evaluation to work with youth to help formulate their Initiative.
- To support technical advice and monitor their progress and completion
- To facilitate and provide training to 60 participants youth. (Youth will divide into groups based on project themes and be provided start-up grants)
- To conduct evaluation training and report to GDA.
- Follow up with youth initiative start up and formulate final reports of each group and submit to GDA.
- To provide training report.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experienced completing training on social enterprise and business startup management for organization.
- Experienced supporting and monitoring the growth business by providing a social enterprise perspective.
- Experienced working with youth and trainer skills.
- Knowledgeable of business startup planning and management with ability to utilize principles, methods, techniques and systems of working with youth.
- Experienced evaluation and monitoring on youth practicum with good report writing skills.
How to Apply:
Submit your complete application by no later than 14 March 2019, including CV and Letter of Interest. Applications must be submitted by e-mail only and as a single PDF file to email: email@example.com. The only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Based on Granting Guidelines available renumeration is USD 150 for this consultancy, per day.