Term of Reference “Strengthening CSO participation in the CEDAW reporting process in Lao PDR”
Position: CSO reporting consultant (National or International)
Location: Vientiane Capital
Duration: 14 Days from September to December 2022
Background: Gender Development Association, GDA, is a leading Gender Rights Non-Profit Association, working throughout Lao PDR since 1991. GDA works to empower women and men to achieve gender equity through joint action, knowledge sharing and ending gender-based violence and discrimination. The GDA team is based in Vientiane Capital and works in rural communities throughout Laos, as well as with our network of international partners. GDA is a leading gender rights organization in Lao PDR, GDA is widely recognized for its expertise in issue-specific areas including CEDAW and the prevention and elimination of gender-based violence and discrimination. Lao PDR ratified the CEDAW in 1981. Lao PDR has obliged the convention and based on the achievements of their last reporting session to the CEDAW Committee, Lao PDR has adopted its second National Strategy on the Advancement of Women for 2011-2015 which outlines its political commitment to CEDAW.
Job Purpose: The Consultant will work directly with GDA staff to enhance and facilitate the capacity building workshop for CSO on the CEDAW parallel report and support CSOs’ on report preparation and submission under this project.
Key tasks will include:
- To coordinate with GDA staff to design and facilitate the workshop on the CEDAW parallel report.
- To support GDA staff on coordination of CSOs partners’ inputs for CEDAW parallel report for drafting and submission the CSO parallel report to the CEDAW committee.
- To support CSOs to produce the draft of CEDAW parallel report with input’s contribution of CSOs who are involved.
- To provide technical support to Finalize the CEDAW parallel report in a participatory manner.
- Supporting GDA to prepare presentation of the CSO Report to the LCCC meeting, Gender network, Gender Working Group and other relevant stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience working in International Conventions and National Laws implementations, preferably on CEDAW
- Demonstrated experiences in coordinating between several partners to designing and delivering workshops.
- Understanding of the development context specific to Lao PDR
- Preferable to be highly proficient in written and spoken Lao and English
- Strong ability to work collaboratively in a team (including good communication skills, openness, flexible, reliable and responsive)
How to Apply:
Submit your complete application by no later than 5:00 PM, 11 September 2022, including CV and contact information of two referees who can be contacted regarding relevant previous experience, Letter of Interest to demonstrate previous experiences on international treaties framework and Expected daily fee (Negotiable).
Application must submit by e-mail only and as a single PDF file to email@example.com in the title “Application – Gender Inclusive Consultant – CEDAW”. The only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.