Terms of Reference
Organization: Gender Development Association
Location: Vientiane Capital
Title: Gender Trainer
Duration: 3 months
Gender Development Association (GDA) is a leading Gender Rights Non-Profit Association, working throughout Lao PDR since 1991. GDA works to empower women and men to achieve gender equity through joint action, knowledge sharing and ending gender-based violence and discrimination.
GDA identified specific key gender issues and challenges based on a problem analysis, observations, and achievements that will drive strategic plan for 2018 -2022. GDA identified the strategic objectives as:
1) Strengthening and consolidating sustainable partnerships with Government ministries and bodies at all levels as well as with mass organizations;
2) Developing a strong resource center, and a vibrant civil society organization;
3) Facilitating stronger women’s leadership, particularly at the village level;
4) Support mainstreaming of Gender Equality into various sectors with other actors;
5) Education and Awareness Raising on prevention of violence against women and reduction of teenage pregnancy.
GDA is looking for a gender trainer to work with GDA staff in doing gender mainstreaming trainings in community level. The training aims to analyze the gender issues and identify potential strategies for inclusive village development plans.
1. Completed tools and approved curriculum by GDA committee.
2. Trainer team building and implementation in target villages according to the GDA service plans.
3. Documentation the trainings and reporting.
Skills and Qualifications
- Having at least 3 years experiencing in conducting training on gender equality and gender-based Violence.
- Having good understanding on human rights, gender equality, gender based-Violence, CEDAW and sexual gender diversity.
- Having experience working with CSOs, INGOs and Government agencies.
- Fluent in English, written and oral – Required
Interested candidate please submit three pages CV/Resume with the interest letter to GDA title: “Gender trainer” to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is on 23 July 2021.
| Any queries please call/WhatsApp: 020 55620722 – GDA HR Manager (working time)|