Job Opening: Project Manager
Location: Houn District, Oudomxay Province with frequent travel to project sites
Reports to: GDA management team
Organization: Gender Development Association is a Non-Profit Association, plays a leading role on Gender Rights, and has been working throughout Lao PDR since 1991. GDA work is to empower women, men, adolescence girls and children to achieve the gender equity through joint actions, knowledge sharing and ending gender based violence and discrimination. GDA focuses on rights of vulnerable groups, especially women in rural communities throughout Lao PDR, as well as cooperation with our network for both national and international partners.
Job purpose: The Project manager manages the effective project implementation and deliver the timely results of GDA’s activities and interventions. The manager coordinates with all stakeholders of the project and liaise with relevant government agencies at district, provincial and national level as well as the authorities at community level. She/he will also supervise the project staff and ensure meeting the project outcomes and sustainability of the project.
- Leading the implementation of all project activities to achieve timely the outputs and outcomes of project as planned;
- Working closely with the GDA management team to plan, implement, monitor and evaluation of the project;
- Ensuring effective coordinating with related government line ministries at all level such as health, education, Lao Women’s Union, INGOs, NPAs and other program counterparts;
- Supporting project officers to implement the project activities on the ground (at local level: provincial, district and communities);
- Preparing project progress and final reports as required by donors and GDA Director;
- Being able to present, share, and disseminate the project achievements to stakeholders, donors, government authorities, etc.;
- Attending meetings and events as required;
- Involving other work as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree in public health, education, community development and relevant fields;
- Minimum 3 years of professional working experience in any of the mentioned field of studies or related field, as well as experience in working at community level;
- Previous experience working with INGOs or NPAs and good working experience in staff supervision, in team work, in remote and isolated communities, etc.;
- Proof of understanding of gender context in Lao PDR;
- Strong networking and leadership abilities;
- Demonstration of ability to build relationships with diverse stakeholders;
- Being able to communicate in English, written and oral – preferable;
- Knowledge of local dialect considered an asset. (Hmong or Khmu).
How to apply:
Submit your complete applications with heading “Job Application” including (1) Curriculum Vitae, (2) Letter of Interest and (3) Two References by sending to email: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 15th, 4pm. February 2019. The only selected applications will be contacted for an interview.